Job Opening

Subject: Job Opening
From: Chris & Lisa Battle <72762 -dot- 2156 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 23:07:45 EST

My employer, Tyson Foods, is looking for another full-time technical writer to
work at our corporate headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas. We currently have
five full-time writers and a few contractors. The tech writers are in the MIS
department, and our responsibilities include:

-- Research, write and edit end-user manuals for software developed in-house
-- Update existing documentation to reflect system modifications
-- Develop online help
-- Contribute to departmental newsletters

We prefer applicants with the following qualifications:

-- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, or Computer Science
-- 2 years experience in technical writing
-- Excellent writing and editing skills
-- An eye for graphics and page layout
-- Experience with Microsoft Word or FrameMaker for the PC
-- Fluency in Spanish would be considered a plus.

Tyson Foods is the world's largest producer and marketer of poultry-based food
products as well as a significant producer and marketer of other food items. The
company offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K,
employee stock purchase and profit sharing plans. The Northwest Arkansas area
where the corporate headquarters is located has a growing economy while
retaining a small-town atmosphere. The University of Arkansas (enroll. 15,000)
is located 10 miles away in Fayetteville.

Please send resume and a writing sample by February 20th to

Joni Nichols
Senior Technical Writer
Tyson Foods, Inc.
2210 West Oaklawn Drive, CP-381