Statistics on doc's reduction of help desk calls?

Subject: Statistics on doc's reduction of help desk calls?
From: "Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395)" <ldkunz -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 13:03:42 EST

On 09 February 1995, Faith Weber wrote:

> Do any of you have any statistics handy on how documentation
> products, particularly online help, can reduce help desk calls?

I think you'll find some answers in the STC-sponsored "Value Added"
study conducted by Janice Redish and Judith Ramey. A final report
is scheduled to appear in the 1Q95 issue of the Society's journal,
_Technical_Communication_, later this month.

If you've gotta have the data right now, you can get a copy of the
preliminary report from the STC office for $10 (U.S.). Contact the
office at stc -at- tmn -dot- com -dot-

Larry Kunz
STC Assistant to the President for Professional Development
ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com