Doc and help desk calls

Subject: Doc and help desk calls
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 09:36:52 -0800

Hi everyone,

A while back I posted a message asking if anyone had any
statistics re: documentation products reducing the number
of help desk calls. The one resource I found out about from
this is a study in the upcoming (Q1) issue of _Technical
Communication_, which I'm anxiously awaiting.

Since a few people asked me to pass on any additional
info I received, I want to point out that the latest Solutions
catalog contains a course description entitled "Demonstrating
the Value of Technical Information Products," led by Saul
Carliner. The schedule I got with the catalog doesn't list
any dates or cities in which this class is available (strange!)
but apparently it is part of the Solutions cirriculum. (I hope
it will come to the San Francisco area sometime in the next
year or so -- are you out there, Saul? Your Information
Architecture class also sounds especially interesting!)

I'm not affiliated with Solutions in any way, but in case
anyone's interested in their catalog, their phone number
is 1-800-448-4230.

Faith Weber
EA Systems Inc.
weber -at- easi -dot- com