Re: Task as a verb?

Subject: Re: Task as a verb?
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 12:52:55 MST

"Iconify" is terrible. We all know it should be "iconize."

I've been tasked to prioritize the order in which to iconize the
little pictures in my Windows program manager.

Bev ;-)
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil
=========
Oh please, please do; and get rid of "iconify," too.

jb
===========================
Hi All,

Quite a while back Kathy Stricklin wrote
<snip>
I have been tasked with a new project....
<snip>
Please tell me that using task as a verb
is not becoming popular! Does anyone
else say this? What's the story here?

Cheers,
Sonja Draeger