Re: Who's the author? Perfect Solution

Subject: Re: Who's the author? Perfect Solution
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 08:55:38 +0001

On Thu, 16 Feb 1995, Vince Putman wrote:

> How about preparing a special page with our byline for our portfolio
> documents? It would NOT be published in the company document, nor
> discussed with anyone or even approved by our company. It is our
> right if we actually wrote the thing from scratch and can prove it in
> an interview. OK, lets hear it from the ethical purists.

Vince, this would work well for looseleaf documents, but what about
perfect-bound books? And what's to keep someone else from doing the same?

One idea: prepare such a page for all books, and note on it what your
particular contribution was. You could even do it on a sticky label for
perfect bound books. Then when you go out on an interview, you not only
have an indication of authorship, but also a reminder of what you've done.

Thanks for another good idea.

Marguerite