Re: Needless tests and job inte

Subject: Re: Needless tests and job inte
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 08:39:49 -0800

"The staff who actually run HR departments probably think" that you
don't know any more about HR than they do about tech writing.

jb
===============================
Needless tests and job interviews
My sympathies to all who have experienced the "treat 'em like cattle"
school of interviewing. I have a theory about why you were treated so
cavalierly. The staff who actually run HR departments probably think
that they could qualify for your job themselves. After all, what can a
writer do that they can't? One of you is soon gonna get this job, at
more money than they are making. If they can put you through the
hoops, while they have some power over you, they will. They may not
design the tests, but they certainly control the climate. (This is
not a reflection on my employer, whose interviewing methods are a
model of sensitivity.)