Re: FW: Tests to Select Competent Writers (fwd)

Subject: Re: FW: Tests to Select Competent Writers (fwd)
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 17:33:36 -0700

On Thu, 9 Mar 1995, Bill Burns wrote:

> Well, that's one perception. Isn't it possible that Robert's suggestion also
> suggests an element of cooperation? Perhaps its simply a matter of
cooperating
> according to different values. If these values are gender-based, then the
> competition/cooperation dichotomy would be illusory and symptomatic of the
> real issue--separate value systems.

> BTW, not all men operate under that status-competition value system.
Bill:
I agree. I just found it fascinating that those two particular
posts fell into the generalization so well. I tend to feel uncomfortable
around gender generalizations because I fit into the female generalizations
only about 1/2 of the time... So does that mean I'm less of a woman? I
think not. Generalizations are just that. They don't apply to all
the people in the group. I actually resonated with Robert's suggestion
more than the original. I find gender analysis of communication
interesting and sometimes useful, but limiting in nature.

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales