Re: OPINION: Dissin'? Arrgg!

Subject: Re: OPINION: Dissin'? Arrgg!
From: Steve English <ink -at- MICROS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 13:05:57 -0500

I don't like the term "dissin'." I'm not even sure what it
means. But I'm sure the word it is meant to replace is a
very good, established English word. One that the majority of
the English-speaking world would understand. Unlike some
new-fangled connection of letters that just sounds like someone
never learned how to talk.

But soft!

Many folke beliefe the beauty of a tongg lyke Ainglish be the manner in whyche
it changeth and do grow, evolving lyke the society in whyche it be spake. They
bespeak the fayte that fell the Roman Empire as the onlye cause by whyche ye
Latin becayme a static, unchayngeing tongg.

The makeing of neyw werds to suit the tymes can be trayced at leaste as farre
bak as a scrybe named Bill Shake-Spear, who did coyne and invent at leaste 25
or 30 werds in common use todaye.

Onne is remynded of remarkes on the howlding bak of the tydde, or of the wysdom
of tryeing to hird cattes...

Steve English (yes, it's the name I was born with)
ink -at- micros -dot- com

P.S. I do not find "Arrgg" in either Webster's or New Collegiate.