Msg from Listowner (new stuff)

Subject: Msg from Listowner (new stuff)
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 08:31:50 -0600

Gang,
I've got three quick items to fill you in on.

First, due to the increase in load on our server, the
system administrators have started deleting the IDs of
people with repeated bounced messages. If you suddenly
stop getting messages, that might be why. Additionally,
they will send a notification when that happens. If you
get a message saying that you've been removed from
you were removed for that reason. Please go ahead and
resubscribe--that should take care of most of the
problem. If it happens again, THEN contact me and I'll
do what I can. Please do resubscribe on your own at
least once if this happens.

Second, as some of you already know, TECHWR-L can only
be reviewed by subscribers. That is, you have to be
subscribed to the list to get an accounting of the
other people subscribed to the list. I've noticed a
couple of IDs which subscribed and immediately
unsubscribed. I can only assume they were reviewing the
list to get a list of E-mail addresses for technical
communicators. Precisely what they were doing, I don't
know.

If you were subscribed to the list at approx 3:30 am
today, you may very well get a message in the near
future. Before you contact me about inappropriate,
long, or personally harassing messages, please make
sure that they actually came from TECHWR-L. If you
don't know, cannot tell, or just want to check, go
ahead and forward them to me. I'll reply if I can, but
might not acknowledge them, depending on how many I
get. Based on the IDs subscribing and unsubscribing,
I'd expect that messages would probably come from the
domain u.washington.edu , but that is in no way
certain.

Third, TECHWR-L just celebrated its second birthday (in
the middle of last week, actually). We've got 1405
subscribers (plus those of you reading through Network
News on bit.listserv.techwr-l) and are averaging 37
messages per day.

Please contact me with any questions or problems.
Standard message from the listowner will follow.
Thanks!
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu