Re: : 'author' as a verb

Subject: Re: : 'author' as a verb
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 07:41:11 -0800

What is this I hear? We are to accept bad language and bad usage just
because somebody else did?

I hope we are the leaders.

jb
"We do not promulgate errors."
Isn't it too late to be worrying?
The term 'authoring tools' already seems to be established. Wouldn't we
have to unravel quite a lot of usage to get rid of 'author' as a verb?

Rebecca Filardo, IS-Liaison, PA Data Design, /\ /\
The Bishop's Manor, Howden, N.Humberside DN14 7BL / o o \
Phone: UK 01430 432480 Fax: UK 01430 432022 > ^ < cat