Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages

Subject: Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:09:15 PST

Bev Parks wanted to know about blank pages:

> Does anyone still (or has anyone ever) use intentional blank
> pages in a document? You know, the kind that say "This page
> intentionally left blank." I know their purpose is to even up
> the number of pages in a chapter so that the next chapter can
> start on the right facing page. (As opposed to the left, but
> let's not get into *that* again.)

I always start chapters with a right-facing page, but I never, ever
use the "This page intentionally left blank" statement on the page. I
always just leave the page blank, albeit with a page number at the
bottom. User's do not seem to figure out that that page is supposed
to be blank.

(Don't ask me why, but I just hate the "this page..." statement!
Makes me feel like I'm working for companies like "Big Blue!")

Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com