Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages

Subject: Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 11:08:08 MST

Jan Boomsliter wrote--

> Consider this: putting any print on that otherwise blank page adds to
> the print cost. I don't believe there is any standard that requires,
> or even advises, putting a page number on that final, blank, verso
> page.

Adding five words to a page that is being printed anyway doesn't
add any appreciable cost. You'd save a bundle more if you didn't
have those "blank" pages in the first place.

> BYW, the "This page intentionally left blank" statement is required
> for, and only used in, financial documents. In the doc most of us do, it's
> pretentious.

Not entirely true. This may be true in the commercial world,
but not in government. That statement is used on several types
of documents, not only financial.

As for its pretentiousness, I can't argue that. I agree.
Afterall, I started this discussion because I said I wanted to
quit using it!

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=