Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages

Subject: Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 18:05:30 -0700

David's solution is excellent. Speaking as a reader as well as a
writer, I love having a page or two to jot down inspired ideas or
page numbers or whatever. Using the heading "Notes" seems to give the
reader permission--and some readers actually need this!

> About 8 months ago I asked essentially the same thing and, based on the
> left blank". Now, centered at the top of the page, we use the title NOTES in
> a bold sansserif font with double lines running below it.

> It lets the reader know that the page is not a mistake without insulting
> anyone's intelligence.

RoMay Sitze People are persuaded more
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu by the depth of your conviction
than the height of your logic,
More by your enthusiasm
than any proof you can offer.
-author unknown-