Re: Testing

Subject: Re: Testing
From: lori m long <llong -at- UNM -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 13:30:10 -0700

On Tue, 14 Mar 1995, Rick Lippincott wrote:

> When I got my current job via "Help Wanted" ads, the folks at GE's
> outplacement center were a bit surprised.

> Or is all of this "hidden job market" stuff a load of hot air? What are the
> thoughts on this?

Sometimes I think it's a lot of hot air. Mostly, I think it's about
being in the right place at the right time. If you treat job hunting as
another full time job that doesn't pay very well, you increase your
chances of being there when opportunity knocks. I think it's all about
luck and persistence . . .

Just my $.02

Land softly,

Lori