Re[2]: chapter-based numbering

Subject: Re[2]: chapter-based numbering
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 14:08:00 -0600

As a user can I say that I *really like* that practice? I *hate* the
blank pages, but I really like the chap-page numbering format. When I
open a book to page 6-7 I know I'm in Chapter 6, the chapter on whatsits.
I likewise know to go forward to Chapter 9 the chapter on thingies. If I
open to page 110, the question is, "what chapter is this." Some books do
not have headers and/or footers with chapter and section headings: it is
just a reality.

I can sympathize with that. We're both suffering from "incomplete information
syndrome." I like knowing what chapter I'm looking in, as well. Who knows, if I
have to look up enough things in that chapter, I may actually read it! ;{>}
Perhaps the pages should be numbered consecutively, with the chapter title
always identified in the header on each page? Then we can *both* be happy!

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24