Re: Sunday's Dilbert

Subject: Re: Sunday's Dilbert
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 13:21:30 -0700

On Tue, 14 Mar 1995, Johnson, Mike C. @ SLG wrote:

> Sunday's paper here in Salt Lake City carried a Scott Adams cartoon about
> tech writing. In a nut shell, a lady writer blows up at an engineer for not
> reviewing her stuff. The engineer relents, reads the stuff, and then says,
> "These pages are blank! You've been bluffing for months!" To which the
> humiliated writer replies, "I think I'll go have a yummy compost salad with
> delicious fetid cheese."

> I didn't like the cartoon for four reasons:

> 1. It wasn't even mildly funny.

Ok, I see this part; although that's pretty subjective. I didn't
find you *description* funny, I don't know how I'd feel about
the cartoon.

> 2. It maligns women. (My fuse is rather short on this one: I have four
> daughters)

In what way? I don't get that from your description. You
mean it maligns women by implying one could be a techwriter :-) ?

> 3. It maligns tech writers.

It sounds like it maligns tech writers no more than it generally
maligns engineers, management, and any other worker in a DP shop...
Actually the only folks he doesn't malign are animals.... It's
probably a good sign that he's starting to malign us! We've
arrived!

> 4. I paid good money to get insulted.

And just think, I can go to work and get *paid* to be
insulted... :-)

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
******
People inadvertently in the wrong time stream need food, clothing,
shelter, job training, and socio-cultural re-training. Please
send check, money order, credit card number, or glyph to:
Victims of Temporal Displacement, PO Box 1995-TLDA42,
Circumvention, CA-AZ 85299 or VOTD -at- circumvention -dot- com
*****
DISCLAIMER: My opinion has very little to do with reality.