Re: Sunday's Dilbert

Subject: Re: Sunday's Dilbert
From: David Dvorkin <ddvorkin -at- KAPRE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 13:39:22 +0700

"Johnson, Mike C. @ SLG" <MCJOHNSO -at- SLC -dot- UNISYSGSG -dot- COM> wrote:

> Sunday's paper here in Salt Lake City carried a Scott Adams cartoon about
> tech writing. In a nut shell, a lady writer blows up at an engineer for not

> I didn't like the cartoon for four reasons:

> 1. It wasn't even mildly funny.

It certainly was mildly funny. It just wasn't extremely funny.

> 2. It maligns women. (My fuse is rather short on this one: I have four
> daughters)

> 3. It maligns tech writers.

Humorlessness is a terrible disease. I hope you aren't passing it on
to your daughters.

Adams is a developer, and he makes fun of developers, too. He also
makes fun of managers, dogs, cats, rats, . . .

> 4. I paid good money to get insulted.

How much do you pay per copy of the newspaper, and how much of that
pays for a day of Dilbert?

> Is this a great country or what?

It certainly is, but the Humorless Liberation Front is an everpresent
danger.