Re: chapter-based numbering

Subject: Re: chapter-based numbering
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 09:02:07 -0800

Well, see, I thought that if Arlen was talking about print docs, i.e.,
hard copy, just having the thing in your hands tells you where you are
in the book. Not to mention the TOC. I don't get it.

And I'll leave it at that.

jb
==========================
> Jan Boomsliter wrote--
> What are the assumptions here? Are we talking about only on-line
> docs? If so, is there no topic list or similar help? In any case,
> on-line docs MUST have links for browsing and searching. Doesn't that
> solve your problem, Arlen? or at least make it a reasonable
> procedure?
>
> jb

Personally, I never once got the impression we were talking
about on-line docs. How could one "riffle the pages" of on-line
documentation? (Quoted bite from Arlen's post.)

Changing the focus to on-line documentation would certainly shed
new light on everything that's been discussed so far. Especially
the blank pages part... ;-)

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=