Re: Reading comprehension tests

Subject: Re: Reading comprehension tests
From: Jim Wylder <wylder -at- TECNET1 -dot- JCTE -dot- JCS -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 15:47:40 EDT

Re the comment about sophmore engineers generally possess an 8th grade
reading level vice 12th or more; it is my experiency as a 45 year old
engineer that the thesis is correct. This is based solely
on experience, not any testing or statistical basis.

Generally, good engineers have poor verbal skills...
Likewise, english majors rarely fair well in the cognative sciences.

I have always said, "It took me for years to become an en-ga-neer,
and now I are one."

jim