Re: Chapter-based page numbering

Subject: Re: Chapter-based page numbering
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 09:12:00 -0600

For all of you
environmentalists out there, doesn't it make much more sense to have
to reprint only one chapter if only one chapter is being changed,
rather than the entire book?

If that were standard practice, it might make some environmental sense. But that
also requires the manuals have the ability to have only that one reprinted
chapter replaced, doesn't it? I'd be interested in finding out how you reprint
one chapter in a bound volume. Only about 10% of my manual shelf has replaceable
pages. A far higher percentage (over 75%) uses chapter-based numbering.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24