Standards for revision bars

Subject: Standards for revision bars
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 11:31:30 -0500

>Al Wilson wrote: Does anyone know where I can get information about the use
and interpretation of revision bars? The reason I am asking is that it
appears that each writer makes up their own rules about how to apply and
interpret revision bars. I would like to know if there is a standard for the
use of revision bars.

I'm not sure if you are talking about revision bars (usually on either side
of revised paragraphs) or proofreading marks?