Standards for revision bars

Subject: Standards for revision bars
From: "Wilson, Al" <al -dot- wilson -at- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 13:32:00 EST

Does anyone know where I can get information about the use and interpretation
of revision bars? The reason I am asking is that it appears that each writer
makes up their own rules about how to apply and interpret revision bars. I
would like to know if there is a standard for the use of revision bars.

Al Wilson
al -dot- wilson -at- gpo -dot- cdev -dot- canada -dot- com