Query: Printer Problem

Subject: Query: Printer Problem
From: Harold Snyder <ENSNYDER -at- ECUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 10:12:17 EST

I recently purchased an Epson ActionLaser 1100 (inexpensive $378.oo at the
local Wal-Mart>, and I seem to have a problem with it: whenever I print
a copy of an e-mail message, the machine prints one line at the top of the
page. The last 5 characters _[4;7i_ are preceded by a checkered space
<9 lines deep by 6 spaces wide of alternating black dots and white space>.

Has anyone else had a problem like this <with this printer or any other
printer>? If so, what did you do to correct the problem <I know that paper
is cheap, but if I can save even one sheet, before long I'll have saved
a ream of paper, and before you know, I might even be able to save a tree;
then who knows, I might be able to save a whole forest, not to mention
putting some loggers out of work, which will keep the trucks from burning
deisel fuel and polluting the atmosphere--and--what about the ozone layer;
not to mention Los Angeles [actually, it was El Toro in the early '70s]...
I could save all these things by just correcting this one little printer
problem>?

Thanks,

Hal
[who used to know all the words to the 15 minute version of "Alice's
Restaurant."]

ENSNYDER -at- ECUVM1 or ENSNYDER -at- ECUVM -dot- CIS -dot- ECU -dot- EDU

- 30 -