Re: Query: Printer Problem

Subject: Re: Query: Printer Problem
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 01:29:49 -0800

> printer>? If so, what did you do to correct the problem <I know that paper
> is cheap, but if I can save even one sheet, before long I'll have saved
> a ream of paper, and before you know, I might even be able to save a tree;
> then who knows, I might be able to save a whole forest, not to mention
> putting some loggers out of work, which will keep the trucks from burning
> deisel fuel and polluting the atmosphere--and--what about the ozone layer;
> not to mention Los Angeles [actually, it was El Toro in the early '70s]...
> I could save all these things by just correcting this one little printer
> problem>?

I know that this doesn't answer your main question, but I felt that I
should put your mind at ease: Trees aren't cut down for paper. Saving
paper doesn't keep one single tree from being cut down. Paper is made
from the byproducts of the lumber industry. Even the highest grade paper
is made from pulp, which is made from sawdust (and other stuff).
Recycling paper is still good, of course, as it saves the landfill and
takes less energy, though I've been told that recycling still creates
more pollution than regular papermaking (correct me if I'm wrong on that
one, though).

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
dcastro -at- hpsrdas -dot- sr -dot- hp -dot- com