Re: Re. Tell them (only?) once

Subject: Re: Re. Tell them (only?) once
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 11:00:00 PST

At 2:24 PM 3/17/95 -0500, Richard Lippincott wrote:
>Concerning "tell them once," the way I was always told there are -three-
>things you should do in documentation:

>1- Tell them what you're gonna tell them.
>2- Tell them.
>3- Tell them what you just told them.

>It seems like a good summary to me.
===============
When I was first introduced to this concept in the military I thought this
approach was too simplistic and talked down to the audience. I've since
learned that it's very good advice for instructors and technical writers
alike

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"The palest ink is worth more than the sharpest memory"
- Chinese Proverb