Re[2]: Dilbert Cartoon (traps for reviewers)

Subject: Re[2]: Dilbert Cartoon (traps for reviewers)
From: Karen Davis PSP team 03 505 <karene -at- ASIMOV -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 11:21:31 CST

Years ago I produced an operations manual that was sent to franchisees.
We received daily calls asking for information that was available in the
manual. I finally put the following phrase into a pertinent chapter:

"Congratulations! You have won the "Read Your Manual" contest. Call
Karen at (214) 555-1324 to find out what you have won!"

I received two calls.

Now I'm working in a large corporation, and I'm tempted to try the
same thing with technical reviewers who never REALLY read the
manuals.

Just a thought....

Karen Davis