Re: screen capture and Frame

Subject: Re: screen capture and Frame
From: Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 08:06:05 -0600

Sandy Brown writes:

> Can anyone recommend a screen capture utility that works
> well with Framemaker? ...<snip>

Sandy,

The absolute best screen capture program I have ever used is Paint Shop
Pro by JASC. It is similar to a low-end version of Adobe PhotoShop with
the added feature of performing screen captures. You can capture
specific areas, entire screens, parent or child windows, drop-down menus,
all with or without the cursor included in the capture. With their
latest release, Version 3.0, you can then edit the captured image with
painting tools. PSP is also an excellent file-conversion program. BMPs
can be converted to GIFs, can be converted to JPGs, can be converted to
TIFs, etc.

I have not tried using PSP with Framemaker, but since you can save the
captured image in any number of formats, I'm sure one would work well
with Framemaker.

You can order PSP from:
JASC, Inc.
10901 Red Circle Drive, Ste 340
Minnetonka, MN 55343
(612) 930-9171

Or, I think from CompuServe via GO JASC

Hope this helps.

Scott Browne
sbrowne -at- unicomp -dot- net

"Soap and education are not as sudden as a massacre, but they are more
deadly in the long run." --MARK TWAIN