STC Meeting Announcement (Carolina Chapter, North Carolina)

Subject: STC Meeting Announcement (Carolina Chapter, North Carolina)
From: "USA::MU17692" <MU17692%USA -dot- decnet -at- USAV01 -dot- GLAXO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 16:06:00 EDT

Society for Technical Communication (STC)
Carolina Chapter

Meeting Announcement

* *
* Computer-Human Interaction in the Preparation of Indexes: *
* A Panel Discussion by Three Professional Indexers *
* *

What: Members of the American Society of Indexers (ASI)
will share their expertise. As professional indexers,
they offer invaluable insight on how to use computer
tools and indexing savvy to prepare more useful
indexes for your end users.

Who: Diane Bertsch, NC ASI President and owner of Answers
Plus, Inc., an indexing business.
Deborah Swain, UNC-CH, a former corporate indexer; STC
standards representative to NISO
Indexing Committee.
Richard Evans, formerly with IBM; owner and operator
since 1992 of Infodex Indexing Service.

When: Thursday, April 13, 1995; 6:00 p.m. (Social),
6:30 p.m. (Program)

Where: Data General (RTP), auditorium. From Raleigh, take I-40
west and bear right at the Durham Freeway (Rt. 147)
north. Take the Cornwallis Road exit. Turn right onto
Cornwallis and travel to the second traffic light,
where you turn left onto Alexander Drive. Data General
is the second building on the right, at 62 Alexander
Drive.

From Durham, travel via the Durham Freeway (Rt. 147)
south and take the first Alexander Drive exit. Turn
right onto Alexander Drive and continue past Cornwallis
to 62 Alexander Drive (on the right).