Re: Mindless Screen Shots

Subject: Re: Mindless Screen Shots
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 13:54:56 -0700

Kelly Burhenne writes

voice...)

> Surely you are not saying that all screen shots are useless and/or
> inefficient. I generally do not use screen shots, icons, etc. in my
> manuals; however, they have been necessary on occasion. I was recently
> telling the users to click on the "PC with the arrow pointing down
> icon". Huh? The picture was worth a thousand words. ;)

Yes, Kelly... But did you need the picture of the whole
screen? Or would the picture of the icon suit the purpose
as well... Or maybe better???

I pepper my docs liberally with all manner and sorts of
bitmaps, but I resist the urge to slap in an entire
screen where only a piece (or a picture) will do.

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com