Re: Is the list really slow?

Subject: Re: Is the list really slow?
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 08:39:50 EDT

At least two people have posted comments noting that message traffic on the
list is slowing down.

Could it be because some of us followed Eric's suggestion and switched to
"digest" mode?

I've noticed that when the list mail comes in one large bundle, I'm less
likely to post a response to a message. Prior to getting the list in
digest form, a message would pop into my in-box and I'd fire off a response.
Now, I see a message in the digest, and usually find that within a page or
so another person has posted a comment fairly close to what I would have
said if I'd answered immediatly.

I can't account for everyone, but that's the reason you haven't heard too
much from me over the past few days.

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
Beverly, MA