Re: Getting Code Changes Into Documentation

Subject: Re: Getting Code Changes Into Documentation
From: Jan Bates <bates -at- KINGFISH -dot- ATT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 08:54:00 -0400

MacGyver asked:

how do you
find out what software changes affect the documentation?

It all depends. I work in a very small group so things are
quite informal. The main formal sources of informaiton are:

1. Modification Reports (MR's) from the software control system
that is used.

2. Reports from developer's meetings that assign tasks.

If there is a graphical user interface, there is probably some one
responsible for tracking changes to it. In my case, that's my job
so I don't have difficulty keeping myself informed.

I also do my utmost to get on any e-mail lists used for inter-
developer discussions and interface with customers. In a small
group that is feasible, but probably not in larger orgs.

Jan
Jan Bates - Documentation Consultant Voice: 908 949-2311
ADSS - AT&T Bell Labs Fax: 908 949-4001
Holmdel NJ e-mail: bates -at- kingfish -dot- att -dot- com
These opinions are mine and mine alone