Getting Code Changes Into Documentation

Subject: Getting Code Changes Into Documentation
From: Paul MacGyver Carman <paul -dot- carman -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 12:41:40 -0400

Greetings all!

For those of you who work with software developers, how do you
find out what software changes affect the documentation?

Do you have to bug the developers? Do you read through Design
Documents? Do you just play with the software and document what
you find?

Please let me know your thoughts by e-mailing Paul -dot- Carman -at- harris -dot- com -dot-

I'm moving out of my tech writer position, and I'm working on
developing procedures so that the new person won't be totally lost
when it comes to document updates. I've always spoken to the
developers to find out changes, and I find that this method
stops being effective when the developers leave the company!

Thanks for your input!

-MacGyver

= Paul MacGyver Carman * =
= Harris Corporate HQ * Choose to chance the rapids, =
= (407) 724-3205 * and dare to dance the tide... =
= (407) 724-3627 (fax) * =
= Paul -dot- Carman -at- harris -dot- com * - Garth Brooks =