Re: Product Packaging: [Humor]

Subject: Re: Product Packaging: [Humor]
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:18:26 -0600

On Fri, 7 Apr 1995, Ellen Adams wrote:

> Tech Writers,

> If you need some levity on a Friday...

> Here is some product packaging humor.

> May we all strive to do better.

> [list of amusing and seemingly ridiculous warning labels deleted]

The sad thing is that nearly all of these "duuuh!" warnings probably came
about because someone did exactly what the warning now says not to and sued
the company for not telling them not to. Don't even get me started on the
lack of personal accountability in the US, let alone the lack of intelligence
and common sense displayed by people in general (present company excepted,
I'm sure). Many's the time I wished I could play lifeguard to the human race
for a day, blow my whistle, and scream, "You! Out of the gene pool NOW!"

For Friday, April 7, I'm Matt Hicks and that's my vent. Thank you.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.