Re: Seeking Xerox Docutech & Kodak Lionheart info

Subject: Re: Seeking Xerox Docutech & Kodak Lionheart info
From: John San Filippo <johnsf -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 21:17:44 -0700

>We are using FrameMaker (Windows) and Docutech for on-demand printing of our
>software manuals. To produce them, I print the FrameMaker files to
>Postscript files, send the Postscript files to the printer, and voila! In
>about two weeks, we receive the perfect-bound books. (The two-color covers
>must be printed earlier.)

My company uses the Lionheart system in much the same way. However, we do
seem to have more than our fair share of PostScript problems. I believe
this is because the Lionheart system uses a PostScript clone, whereas
Docutech uses an Adobe-licensed interpreter. I've had files that wouldn't
print on the Lionheart print flawlessly on the Docutech. The main reason we
stick with Lionheart is the value added service our vendor provides.

John San Filippo

Have (Electronic) Pen - Will Travel (Through Cyberspace)

Internet: johnsf -at- cts -dot- com
CompuServe: 75237,3605
America Online: JohnSanF