TOOLS FOR MOVING TO ONLINE

Subject: TOOLS FOR MOVING TO ONLINE
From: Gregg Roberts <gr -at- STRATSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 18:04:25 U

TOOLS FOR MOVING TO ONLINE DOCS?
To: TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Subj: TOOLS FOR MOVING TO ONLINE DOCS?

Our documentation department has been using Quark Xpress (on Mac) to produce
paper docs of our software product, a database management program developed in
Omnis. I write on a Quadra 700 and my partner has a PowerPC. We are
considering moving to user-printable online help. Xpress doesn't seem
particularly well suited for this. My question is: Which products out there
would speed up the process of producing online docs, that could be embedded in
our product without licensing hassles, with less expense and better quality than
just
having our own developers work something up?