Re: Typographic Literacy

Subject: Re: Typographic Literacy
From: Lisa Gray Larsen <lisagl -at- DTINT -dot- DTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 17:41:25 -0600

Dave Prior wrote:

>Begging the question: How does a hard working, no freetime, techwriter
>aquire typographic literacy? Anyboy got an idea?

Dave,
I found a GREAT book for typography. _The Non-Designer's Design Book:
Design and Typegraphic Principles for the Visual Novice_ by Robin Williams
(published by Peachpit Press, Berkeley, CA).

It's fast, entertaining reading. I spent several lunch hours with it and
really learned a lot! (It's soft-cover, 140 pages, lots of white space. The
text explains the principles of design and typography, and it gives lots of
fun design examples.)

Enjoy!

--LisaGL

---
Lisa Gray Larsen lisagl -at- dtint -dot- dtint -dot- com
Digital Technology Int. (801)226-2984
500 W. 1200 South, Orem UT, 84058 FAX (801) 226-8438