Re: Macs vs PCs

Subject: Re: Macs vs PCs
From: "PICKETT-HARNER, Molly" <MOP1 -at- NIORDS1 -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 14:15:00 EST

But Robert, this is precisely the point. My computer is a tool, with which
I accomplish my work. Don't want to slog through days/weeks/months --
learning <how> to use it!

Nor is it necessary: I have never needed to read any of my MAC manuals
(FrameMaker, Interleaf, etc., manuals, of course, read/study) & have used a
range of MACs. A famous big-wig (will ask permission to use his name if you
like) at MIT's Media Lab says he prefers the MAC because it operates the way
he thinks...intuitively.)

That being said, I have used PCs at work for years & do so when/if a client
prefers same. With the advent of the reference platform PowerPC, we can all
cease quibbling and use these operating systems interchangeably.

Molly Pickett-Harner
mop1 -at- niords1 -dot- em -dot- cdc -dot- gov
harner -at- access -dot- mountain -dot- net

[Robert said]

PCs are like anything else. If you want to be an expert, grind through
the ENTIRE manual set that comes with it. For want of thorough reading,
most people never fully learn how to use the tools they work with
every day.