Re: Discuss: Third party manuals?

Subject: Re: Discuss: Third party manuals?
From: Dianne Driskell <ddriskel -at- CS -dot- UTEXAS -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 09:27:43 -0500

I buy third party manuals. Sometimes because we have a site license and
I don't get any documentation with the software that is installed.
Sometimes (like HTML) I want the subject all pulled together. Everything
seems to be online but in bits and pieces. Sometimes (and this is where I
see the value of 3rd party manuals) I find the third party docs presented in
a way that I "like." Company docs can't be all things to all people (wouldn't
that be nice) so "sometimes" I go to the bookstore and find something on the
subject more in keeping with the way I learn.

Dianne Driskell
Publications
CS - UT at Austin
ddriskel -at- cs -dot- utexas -dot- edu