best tech placement agencies in NYC?

Subject: best tech placement agencies in NYC?
From: Randy Burgess <ghost -at- ELIZA -dot- NETAXIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 10:32:40 -0400

Hi!
I'm a former journalist turned freelancer & tech writer; currently the
latter assignment consists of writing software user manuals for a small
documentation house in Connecticut, about an hour away from New York City.

The job's okay but the pay is not, so I'm thinking of contacting some of
the placement agencies in New York itself & seeing how I might fare there.

Does anyone have any agencies to recommend, or are they all going to be
about the same (or do they change in ownership/operation too quickly to
be consistently evaluated)?

Thanks . . .