Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999. . .

Subject: Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999. . .
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 16:09:51 GMT

-> A new wrinkle (to me at least) in the "debate 2000"--I just changed "
-> before the turn of the century" to "before 1900" because the book I'm
-> working on may still be in use after 2000. The former is imprecise
-> anyway, but . . .
-> Any other editorial reminders that a new century cometh?

If you'd like some cheap entertainment, look at the "letters to the
editor" pages in newspapers starting from about 1899 and onward, as to
when, and in whose opinion, the century actually turns.

We get to relive the whole thing again when the millenium either changes
or doesn't at the end of the year 1999 or the year 2000 etc. etc. etc.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500