Re: internet virus

Subject: Re: internet virus
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 08:21:00 -0600

A message just went around my company warning us about a new virus. It's
transmitted by an email message with the subject "good times." This
virus is transmitted when you open the mail and it destroys your
harddrive. The recommendation is to delete the message asap WITHOUT
READING IT. Warn all your friends and coworkers.

No, Suzanne, don't. This particular item is almost old enough to have whiskers.
It's a hoax. It's not possible for a virus to behave in the manner described by
the alleged report. It's old. It's been reported to be a hoax in most major
newspapers, and every newsgroup on the internet.

Maybe it's the announcement itself that's the virus. Aiieeee! The virus report
that wouldn't die!

Wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen this thing. I'd buy GM and Toyota
and retire! :{>}

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124