Re: Hourly Rates for Contract Writers

Subject: Re: Hourly Rates for Contract Writers
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 09:56:00 PDT

At 4:29 PM 4/20/95, Brennan, Walt wrote:
> HELP - Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
> I'm the publications manager for a semiconductor manufacturer in
> Sacramento CA. I need data on average rates for consulting
> to justify my contractor's fees. If anyone has a copy of the STC
> Salary Survey, please fax (916/854-1102) or e-mail
> (WBRENNAN -at- LEVL1 -dot- COM) a copy of the relevant data ASAP!
> I've got a contractor on-line but Management thinks his costs are too
> high. I'd like to support the profession, and ensure this person
> receives a decent wage but I need some hard data.

> TIA - I'll be happy to reciprocate in whatever way I can.
> Walt Brennan (the *Real* McCoy)
================
Source STC Salary Survey: United States Median Salary by two-Digit zip
codes
01 MA/RI 48,044
02 RI 46,002
03 NH 49,000
06 CT 36,622
07 NJ 43,196
10 NY 38,624
12 NY 45,780
14 NY 42,967
19 DE 36,965
20 DC/MD/VA41,366
22 VA 41,808
27 NC 35,308
30 GA 40,045
32 FL 35,281
33 FL 36,506
35 AL 39,913
37 TN 38,689
43 OH 38,878
45 IN 37,382
46 IN 36,333
48 MI 38,246
50 IA 34,104
53 WI 36,854
54 WI 35,567
55 MN 39,559
60 IL 36,680
75 TX 41,233
77 TX 41,149
78 TX 40,465
80 CO 40,585
85 UT 42,302
90 NV 48,759
91 No. CA 43,645
92 No. CA 43,255
93 So. CA 46,400
94 So. CA 48,944
95 So. CA 46,463
97 OR 37,986
98 WA 37,986

Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"Ready, Fire, Aim!"