Re: Thanks anyway

Subject: Re: Thanks anyway
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 23:46:03 -0600

> Does anyone have anything good to say about Microsoft word 6.0? I
> was surprised not to get at least one favorable response for Word.

While I feel that Frame has definite advantages for longer documents and
DTP needs (and I love Pagemaker for shorter DTP applications), I find
Word 6 to be an excellent word processor. It has many features that I
find useful. Like any other piece of software, it has its quirks. It
is, for instance, true that Word is a memory hog.

I am also sometimes frustrated with some of the limitations in working
with headers and footers and so on, but if I remember to save often and
work with the program rather than fight it, Word 6 serves me very well.

Among other things, I have used Word 6 entirely for creating shorter
tutorials, for proposal writing, and for many other applications for
which a Word Processor with some DTP capabilities was adequate. It seems
to me that the real question is what will meet the needs of the specific
task best.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu