Word 6.0, Frame..., Page...

Subject: Word 6.0, Frame..., Page...
From: Fran Freiman <ffreiman -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 1995 15:35:00 -0700

Good techies,

I've been following the thread on which DTP would do the job (sorry, I
can't quote anyone directly; I sent "Stinky" [?] an email, and it
bounced, as did someone else on the list with the same result). I don't
write for most of my clients--I edit, so a lot (vast majority) of my
work is on hardcopy. This discussion on Word specifically mentioned
something that caught my attention; in fact, at least two other people
(including "Stinky"??) specifically mentioned saving a lot while in
Word. Also mentioned was turning off the allow fast saves feature.

So here's my question: Does the automatic save feature (set to saving
every so many minutes, say, five) have the same result to Word
performance/reliability as doing a manual save? Or by relying on
automatic save (but not fast save), am I fooling myself?

Many thanks to all you good people out there. I'm a self-employed, so
"none" of my coworkers know the answer. ;-]

Fran Freiman
ffreiman -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
----
Fran Locher Freiman, Owner, Editor | "The young boys throw stones
WordRight Editorial Consulting Services | at the frogs in sport,
Houston, TX 77070 | but the frogs do not die in sport;
Email: ffreiman -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com | they die in earnest."
--Samuel Beckett