meaning of pippic

Subject: meaning of pippic
From: Julie Jensen <jjensen -at- CST4 -dot- LANL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 08:30:06 -0700

Extra Credit Question:

A few of us were discussing the meaning of "Pippic" (which could
be spelled "Pippik, Pipik, Peppic" or some other variation). The
quote, which was attributed to FDR, was "He was up to his
pippics in snow." (One of us thinks it means "collar". Another thinks it
means,
"testicles.").

The word is not in the the American Heritage dictionary. And I haven't
been able to find a definition online, which was my original challenge from
a coworker. I'm admitting to defeat. What are your guesses?

Julie

Julie Jensen
Chemical Science and Technology
Communication Services Team