Re: Comma, Comma, Comma (Should we or Shouldn't we)

Subject: Re: Comma, Comma, Comma (Should we or Shouldn't we)
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 15:31:58 -0700

On Tue, 2 May 1995, charles desaro wrote:

> Here's another one for the English Experts:

> The Tech Writer was bright, articulate, knowledgeable, and computer literate.
> or
> The Tech Writer was bright, articulate, knowledgeable and computer literate.

The first one is more correct, in this case. When you look at
parallelism, you will see that the second sentence indicates that the
Tech Writer was literate with knowledge and computers. The first one says
that the Tech Writer was knowledgeable, and was also computer literate.

David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
dcastro -at- hpsrdas -dot- sr -dot- hp -dot- com
http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/index.html