Re: Custom dox using Word, WinHELP? / cellular *69

Subject: Re: Custom dox using Word, WinHELP? / cellular *69
From: Dan Dornbrook <djd -at- SAFCO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 17:26:00 CDT

The following posting got garbled, but what I got said the author worked for
a company producing software for the cellular industry, with Word and
PowerPoint as the primary documentation media (the latter for customer
training by live engineers), plus some Windows Help.

My company is in a similar position, though our software isn't quite as
customized (at least, not officially, if you get my drift). If the author
of the original posting -- and any other interested tech writers in the
*cellular* industry, especially those developing Windows Help -- would
contact me, I'd appreciate it. (I'm a department of one, and that includes
handling Kinko's orders.) Let's pool our collective brainpower on cellular
documentation and generate some synergy.

Thanks,
Dan Dornbrook (djd -at- safco -dot- com)
SAFCO Corp., Electronic Systems Division (a.k.a. "What's the Frequency,
Kenneth?")
Chicago, IL, USA
1-800-843-7558 or direct line (312) 792-9020 (press 2, then Ext. 2191)

From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Customized documentation using Word, Windows HELP?
Date: Friday, May 05, 1995 3:18PM