Employee Agreements

Subject: Employee Agreements
From: Lisa Gray Larsen <lisagl -at- DTINT -dot- DTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 17:49:34 MDT

For those of you who are employees rather than contractors,

Has your employer required (or asked) you to sign an Employee Agreement?
If so, would you mind sharing some information about it? What are its main
points (in short form)?
If not, I'd appreciate a reply too (by e-mail so the list doesn't get too
bogged down); that way I can assess if it's common or not.

In recent years, I have seen several such agreements and have usually not
been required to sign one. My company distributed one recently and I am
curious about what common policies are out there, and what is generally
considered 'reasonable' as far as conflict of interest, ownership of
employee developments, confidentiality, non-competition (during employment
and after termination of employement), and so forth.

I won't go into detail about the one I've received because I think it needs
revision. Before I stick my neck out and make suggestions for revisions, I
could use a reality check. Your input is appreciated.

If you want to e-mail me personally, I'll be glad to post a summary of

Lisa Gray Larsen

---
Lisa Gray Larsen
lisagl -at- dtint -dot- dtint -dot- com
Digital Technology Int. (801)226-2984
500 W. 1200 South, Orem UT, 84058 FAX (801) 226-8438
---
Writing is easy. All you do is sit staring at the blank sheet of paper
until drops of bood form on your forehead. --Red Smith