Re: Comma, Comma, Comma (Should we or Shouldn't we)

Subject: Re: Comma, Comma, Comma (Should we or Shouldn't we)
From: Susan Gerhart <susang -at- CTIW -dot- CFER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 07:44:00 PDT

Either is considered correct. I prefer the first (comma before the and), but
the bottom line for any punctuation use is the meaning it gives to the
sentence.
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Fri, May 5, 1995 12:21PM

It depends. If your style guide/editor is formal, it's the first. If not,
the second.

BUT ... shouldn't computer literate be computer-literate?

Tamara Peters
tamara -dot- peters -at- lawson -dot- com

----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Comma, Comma, Comma (Should we or Shouldn't we)
Date: Tuesday, 2 May, 1995 6:18PM

Here's another one for the English Experts:

Which sentence is correct, relative to the comma:

The Tech Writer was bright, articulate, knowledgeable, and computer
literate.
or
The Tech Writer was bright, articulate, knowledgeable and computer literate.

I'll post the results.

Charles De Saro