Re: off topic... what's the meaning of this expression?

Subject: Re: off topic... what's the meaning of this expression?
From: Susan Gerhart <susang -at- CTIW -dot- CFER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 15:45:00 PDT

Your boss is right. This is an old term for the supposed propensity of women
to swoon whenever there was anything unpleasant to be dealt with. Most
likely, the swooning was from the tight corsets they wore.

Susan Gerhart
ConferTech International
Denver, Colorado
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: off topic... what's the meaning of this expression?
Date: Mon, May 1, 1995 2:09PM

the vapors

What does it mean? My boss insists it means a swooning spell. I was
certain I'd learned that the vapors was flatulence.

Can anyone clear this up? Site a source? Point me in the right
direction?

Sincere apologies for this off topic interruption.

Send answers (&/or flames, I suppose) to kellyk -at- cyberoptics -dot- com -dot-

Thank you.

Kelly M. Kremin
CyberOptics Corp.
Minneapolis MN